Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Boneless Pork Short Rib Breakfast Tacos
For the “tortillas”
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- pinch of salt
For the shredded pork
- 2 pounds boneless pork short ribs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt, to taste
For the toppings
- 5-6 strips of bacon
- 1 (6-8 ounce) can of green chiles
- 2-3 tablespoons hot sauce (or your choice)
- chopped green onions
- First, this recipe will start in the crockpot.
- Add short ribs to the crockpot. Pour maple syrup on top of them, along with garlic powder and salt. (I didn’t put any liquid in the crockpot because the fat will leak out and protect it from burning)
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- When you wake up the next day, remove the pork ribs from the crockpot, shred them and pour some of the excess liquid from the crockpot over the shredded pork for extra flavor.
- Now make the tortillas. In a medium bowl, whisk together the tortilla ingredients until smooth.
- Place a large non stick skillet over medium-high heat, pour ingredients into the pan to create a pancake size tortilla. I would pour on the liquid, pick up the skillet to roll it around and flatten out the tortilla even more. Cook on both sides for just about a minute per side.
- Once all your tortillas are done (this made about 8-10 tortillas for me), place bacon on the skillet or oven to cook on both sides, cool then roughly chop.
- Then mix together the green chiles and hot sauce in a bowl, place in microwave for 1:30-2:00 minutes or until hot. And then chop the green chiles.
- Now load up each tortilla. Shredded pork, green chiles, bacon, then green onions. Then eat it.
***Recipe courtesy of PaleOMG*****