Angie’s Recipe of the Day: 5 Ingredient Monday: Seared Chicken Thighs over Cauliflower Puree
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons of fat, divided (coconut oil, ghee, butter, bacon fat, etc.)
- 3 chicken thighs (I used skinless and boneless), pounded to ¼ inch*
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut cauliflower into florets and steam cauliflower. On the stove top or in the microwave. However you’d like. Steam until fork tender.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of fat to the pan. Sprinkle pounded chicken thighs with about ½ teaspoon of garlic powder, salt and pepper. Once pan is very hot, place chicken thighs in the pan. Cook thighs on both sides for 5-7 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- While chicken thighs are cooking, place another large pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of fat to the pan then add onions.
- Once onions become translucent, add mushrooms along with ½ teaspoon of garlic powder and salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms become soft, about 5 minutes.
- While the mushrooms and onions cook, place soft cauliflower in a blendtec with a bit of salt and puree until smooth. I had to add a tablespoon of water to the cauliflower to help it puree.
- Then just stack away: cauliflower, chicken and mushrooms and onions.
*I covered my chicken thighs with some plastic wrap and used a wooden spoon to beat the chicken thighs to ¼ inch thick
Recipe Courtesy of paleomg.com