Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Apple Cinnamon Muffins (nut free)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 apple, cored and diced (I used a pink lady apple)
- ¾ cup applesauce (I used cinnamon applesauce)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil), melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, cinnamon and apple.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the mixture into 10 muffin tins (I used a silicone muffin liner).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before removing from silicone liner.
Recipe courtesy of paleomg.com