Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Apple Pie Caveman Bars
- Place your dates, macadamia nuts, apples, and almonds in a food processor or really strong blender.
- Pulse until your dates, macadamia nuts, and almonds are in small chunks and transfer to a mixing bowl
- Add in all remaining ingredients. Using your hands mix well to ensure an even coating of everything
- Once mixed, using parchment paper, flatten out your mixture to the size of bars your want or you can use individual ziploc bags and form them inside the bag
- Place in refrigerator and let cool, then enjoy
- If these don’t taste like apple pie to you, then play with the spices, you can add some nutmeg or cloves and mix the flavors around. The possibilities are endless but make sure you come back and let me know what you used 🙂
Recipe Courtesy of civilizedcavemancooking.com