Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Bacon Jalapeno Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 large butternut squash (about 6 cups cubed)
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk.
- 1 cup of chicken stock.
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped.
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and cubed.
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped. Remove the seeds if you desire less heat.
- 6 ounces of crisped bacon, chopped.
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- 2 tsp of Spanish smoked paprika.
- dash of sea salt and ground pepper (optional)
Throw all the ingredients into your crock pot and cook for 4 to 6 hours on your low setting, it will get it done. After that you just need to stick your immersion blender in your crock pot for a minute and puree it. If you don’t have one, let your mix cool before transferring it to a blender or food processor.
You can garnish with additional bacon and jalapenos 🙂
Serving Size 342.8g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3.9g 6%
Saturated Fat 0.4g 2%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 35mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 11.1g 4%
Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8%
Vitamin A 198%
Vitamin C 31%