Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Bacon Jalapeño Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 2 biscuits (see instructions below)
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, to garnish (optional)
- Make biscuits. You will need two for this recipe.
- While biscuits are cooking, bring a large pot of water to boil. Once the water is boiling, place eggs in the water and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from water and place in a bowl of cold water to help cool. Once cool, remove the shell.
- While eggs cool, cook bacon in oven or on stove top. Let cool then chop into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, place chopped bacon, peeled eggs, mayo, jalapeño, chives, dill, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Mix well. Add more mayo, if needed.
- Cut warm biscuits open and stuff full with egg salad. I even topped my sandwiches with hot sauce, because hot sauce is wonderful with eggs.
For the biscuits
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 egg whites (save the egg yolks for later)
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat, melted (or butter, ghee, lard, coconut oil, duck fat, etc.)
- Sift together almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda and powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Pour frothy egg whites into the almond flour mixture bowl and mix well. Then add the 2 whole eggs and bacon fat and whisk together. Place batter in fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the some batter and pour on to the baking sheet. The batter will spread out just a little bit, but should still set up. Make 4 biscuits on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. If you poke the biscuits, you’ll be able to tell that they are done. Let cool.
Recipe Courtesy of palemg.com