Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 bananas, mashed with a fork
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup 72% Eating Evolved Baking Chocolate, chopped into pieces (or other chocolate chips you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add eggs, maple syrup, almond butter, and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Then add coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and powder and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Lastly, fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop batter into 9 cups of a silicone muffin pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool before removing from silicone pan.
Recipe courtesy of paleomg.com