Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Breakfast On The Go, Sausage Egg Cups
- 2-3 chicken sausage, cooked and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ yellow onion, chopped
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cook sausage until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, add sausage, red bell pepper, yellow onion, eggs, garlic cloves, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Use a ladle to pour mixture into 8-10 muffin tins. (I used a silicone muffin tray and did not have to grease it. If you are using a regular metal pan, thoroughly grease all of it or use muffin liners.
- Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Garnish with avocado.
Recipe courtesy of paleomg.com