Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Browned Butter Whipped Butternut Squash
- 1 medium, about 8 c butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1 T chopped fresh sage
- 2 t kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Steam butternut squash until tender, about 15 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking, heat a pan over medium-low heat. Add the butter, let it melt and start to foam. Stir frequently until the butter becomes golden in color and some brown bits start to collect at the bottom. Be careful not to burn the butter. (see detailed instructions here)
- Remove from the heat, and add the sage. The butter will foam slightly when you do this.
- Add the cooked butternut squash to a blender or food processor, then add the sage-butter mixture, salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Puree until smooth.
- If the puree is a bit to liquidy, return to a pan and cook off some of the liquid.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
***Recipe courtesy of cupcakesandkalechips.com***