Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Carrot Fries with Garlic Aioli
For the fries
- 7-8 large carrots, ends removed, diced into ¾ inch slices/sticks
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt, to taste
For the aioli
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 egg yolks
- juice of ½ a lemon
- pinch of coarse salt
- ½-3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons black truffle oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place diced carrots on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, pour olive oil over carrot fries, use your hands to cover the fries in the oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake fries for 15 minutes, flip and cook for 10 more minutes.
- While the fries are cooking, make the aioli. In your food processor, add the garlic cloves, egg yolks, lemon and salt and mix well to combine. Scrape the sides down as needed to make sure the garlic cloves break down completely.
- Once everything is mixed, turn food processor back on and begin to pour the olive oil is VERY SLOWLY. I mean super slow. Tablespoon by tablespoon, dripping in there very slow. Did I say slow?
- After you mix in ¾ cup olive oil, mix in the black truffle oil, slowly as well. The slower, the better. Once the mixture thickens, you’ll have your aioli. If the mixture is still thin, add more olive oil.
Recipe courtesy of PaleOMG