Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Chicken Bacon Rice Bowls
- 4 pieces of bacon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ yellow onion, minced
- 1.5 pounds chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes (I used skinless, boneless breasts)
- 1 (14 ounce) can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (6 ounce) cans of diced green chiles
- 1 small head of cauliflower, riced (use a shredding attachment on a food processor to rice the cauliflower)
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado, to garnish
- green onions, to garnish
- Place a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add pieces of bacon and cook until crispy then remove and set aside on paper towel. Remove some of the bacon fat from the pot if needed, leaving behind about 3-4 tablespoons.
- Add garlic cloves, yellow onion and chicken. Sprinkle with a bit of salt. Cook until chicken is almost cooked through. Then add diced tomatoes, green chiles and cauliflower and mix well. Add a good amount of salt (the cauliflower will soak up a lot) then add chili powder and red pepper flakes. Mix well, place heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When done simmering, mix in bacon pieces into the rice mixture.
- Place in bowl, garnish with a bit of salt and pepper, avocado and green onions.
Recipe Courtesy of paleomg.com