Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Chicken Enchilada Bake
- coconut oil, for greasing baking dish
- 1 pound cooked, shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (14 ounce) can El Pato enchilada sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can of diced green chiles
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced (or any color you like)
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, whisked
- cilantro, to garnish
- goat cheese, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, bell pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano, and salt and pepper. (feel free to be generous with the salt) and mix well.
- Then add eggs and mix well to incorporate.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check at 1 hour to see if eggs have completely cooked through and cook extra 15 minutes, if needed.
- Let rest for 5 minutes then garnish with goat cheese (optional) and cilantro.
Recipe Courtesy of paleomg.com