Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Chicken Waldorf Salad
- 2 (4-6 oz) chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 large tart apple, cored and diced
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp raw honey
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- sea salt (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, apple, celery and walnuts. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice and honey and mix until well blended.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- Spoon dressing over chicken and toss to coat completely. If making salad ahead of time, keep chicken mixture and dressing separate until just before eating.