Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Chocolate Cherry Muffins
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup sliced fresh cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a medium bowl: coconut flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredient to wet ingredient and mix together until well mixed.
- Fold in chocolate chips and fresh cherries.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop mixture into a muffin tin. My mixture made 11 full muffins.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of paleomg.com