Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Chocolate Chip Zucchini Paleo Bread
Tools You’ll Need:
- 2 mini bread pans
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs (must include yolks), whisked
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (to top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients (almond flour, cacao powder, sea salt and baking soda) and set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients (honey, almond milk, vanilla extract, eggs and coconut oil) and set aside.
- Incorporate dry and wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in zucchini to your mix.
- Pour mixture, equally divided, into your two mini bread pans.
- Sprinkle 1/8 cup of chocolate chips on top of the mixture in each of the bread pans.
- Bake for 40 minutes (make sure you do a toothpick test to see if bread is done once those 40 minutes have passed).
- Let cool and enjoy(Note: I personally like to refrigerate my bread overnight and enjoy the next day, as mixture has solidified and bread stays put when sliced).
* Yields two mini breads (6 slices per mini bread)
* Nutritional Information (per mini slice): 165 calories; 11g fat; 14g carbohydrates; 5g protein
Recipe Courtesy of amazingpaleo.com