Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Cinnamon Banana Waffles
- 2 medium bananas, very ripe
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Place bananas, egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, and milk in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add ingredients from the food processor into a large bowl and add almond meal, shredded coconut, arrowroot flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture into waffle iron (mine was non stick and they didn’t stick at all, but before careful and maybe grease yours before).
- My batter made 5 waffles total.
- Top with bananas, syrup, and even some grass fed butter. That would be real good.
Recipe courtesy of PaleOMG