Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Coconut Chocolate Cake/Brownies
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (65% or more) or Enjoy Life Chips
- ½ cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt chocolate and coconut milk in a small sauce pan over low heat.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate and coconut milk to a mixing bowl, add in the eggs and mix well.
- Now add in the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Next add in the shredded coconut and continue to mix.
- Great an 8×8 baking dish with an oil of your choice (coconut oil).
- Pour batter into the baking dish then sprinkle with ½ cup of sliced almond over the top of the cake.
- Get a small handful of shredded coconut and sprinkle over the top of the cake as well.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Recipe Courtesy of paleomg.com