Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Cold Citrus Shrimp Zoodle Bowl
- 1 pound peeled, uncooked shrimp
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil, etc.)
- 1 very large zucchini (or 3 medium) spiraled or julienne sliced
- zest of ½ a lime
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of ½ a lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 clementines, peeled and separated
- ¼ cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- pinch of black pepper
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat, add butter.
- While pan is heating up, pat shrimp dry with paper towels then sprinkle with garlic powder and salt. Place in hot pan and cooked on both sides for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Once shrimp are done cooking, remove and set aside in a glass bowl.
- In the pan still over medium heat, add zucchini noodles and toss for 2-3 minutes just to get the zucchini tender. Then place in bowl with shrimp.
- Lastly, in a small bowl, whisk together zest, juice, olive oil, and salt.
- Pour over shrimp and noodles, then fold in clementines and basil.
- Place in refrigerator to let cool for an hour.
- Add a pinch of black pepper before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of paleomg.com