Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Crab Cakes with Lime Aioli
For the crab cakes
- 1 lb Lump Crab
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Aioli (recipe below)
- ⅔ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup and 3 Tablespoons almond flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 separated egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Place Crab in a 2qt. metal bowl; remove all shell slivers from meat.
- Add the juice of one Lemon, Parsley, Black Pepper, Salt, and “Lime Aioli.”
- Mix ingredients well, adding Almond Flour (3 Tbsp) to absorb excess moisture.
- Form Mixture into 3 oz. cakes. (They should fit inside your palm.)
- Heat Coconut Oil in a 6” or 8” pan for 3 minutes.
- Lightly coat cakes with the ½ cup of Almond Flour.
- Pan fry cakes in oil for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
To make the aioli
- Using a small, stainless steel bowl, whisk Egg Yolks, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Dijon Mustard.
- Slowly pour Olive Oil into mixture, whisking vigorously.
- Add Lime Juice & Salt to mixture.
- Chill 30 minutes prior to using in the Crab Cake.
Recipe courtesy of paleomg.com