Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Creamy Rosemary Chicken Lasagna (gluten free, not strict paleo)
- 1 (12 ounce) container of Cappello’s lasagna sheets
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can of coconut milk
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken and shredded it)
- 7 ounces Kerrygold cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Add two tablespoons of coconut oil to the pan along with the sliced mushrooms.
- Brown mushrooms until slightly soft. Then add chopped rosemary and minced garlic cloves.
- Once garlic becomes fragrant, add coconut milk. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Let coconut milk simmer at a medium heat, stirring every couple minutes for about 6 or so minutes.
- When coconut milk has thickened slightly, add spinach to the pan and cover to help wilt the spinach.
- Once spinach has wilted, mix in with coconut milk. Then add shredded chicken and mix it all together.
- Pull out an 8×8 glass baking dish. Add a small spoonful of the coconut milk mixture to the bottom and spread out to keep the lasagna sheet from burning.
- Add 2-3 lasagna sheets to the bottom of the pan. You may need to cut the sheet to help them fit. On top of the lasagna sheets, add a couple large spoonfuls and spread through lasagna sheets. Sprinkle with cheese. Repeat with lasagna sheets, coconut milk mixture, cheese and one more topping of lasagna sheets. Sprinkle with cheese on top.
- Place in oven to bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese has bubbled and browned.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Recipe courtesy of PaleOMG