Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Filipino Adobo Chicken Thighs
- bone-in, skinless chicken thighs – 8
- coconut aminos – 1/3 cup
- apple cider vinegar – 1/3 cup
- garlic – 1 small head, cloves peeled and smashed
- black peppercorns – 6, ground
- bay leaves – 4
- jalapeno pepper – 1, chopped
- Combine aminos, vinegar, garlic, jalapeno, and pepper in a dish or resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken and marinade for one hour to overnight (ideal).
- Place chicken with marinade in a crock pot and place bay leaves on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until cooked through.
- Carefully pour pan juices into a small sauce pan. Reduce over medium heat for about 15 minutes. (Use this time to make your side dish.)
- Discard bay leaves and serve with sauteed cauliflower and chard or your favorite veggie side.
Recipe courtesy of Paleo Table