Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Deep Chocolate Coconut Almond Butter
- Add almond and cocoa powder to the food processor and mix well until it begins to clump together.
- While the food processor is still on, add in almond oil slow to help combine.
- Then add the honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt.
- Then mix in the coconut butter.
- Mix until well combined.
- Eat with anything, obviously.
Recipe courtesy of PaleOMG
How to Make Your Own Coconut Butter
- 1 package coconut flakes**
- A food processor
- Pour coconut flakes into food processor.
- Put the lid on your food processor–very important step!
- Turn food processor on.
- Make some kind of meal while your food processor runs for 8-10 minutes. If it sounds like the blade is just spinning and not mixing anything, open the lid back up and scrape the sides of the coconut. Help your food processor out here, it can’t do ALL the work! Lazy.
**Ok so I love this brand of coconut flakes (especially when on sale) BUT you can find the flakes for cheaper in most bulk sections at Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage or Sunflower Market. Same deal, smaller price tag. And I highly recommend using flakes, not the finely shredded coconut. For some reason, the flakes give a better consistency like “butter” while the shredded product makes it a bit more gritty and less liquid-y. More liquid-y = yummy-er coconut butter. And yes, I know those aren’t words, ok?