Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Enchilada Chicken Mango Salad
- 1 small head of hearts of romaine, shredded
- 1-2 cups cold leftover enchilada chicken (recipe below)
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- ½ avocado, diced
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Chop romaine.
- Place enchilada chicken on top.
- Add mango and avocado on top of that.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken (or whatever you like or is on sale)
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes and diced green chiles (if you can’t find them mixed together, do 1 (14 oz) can of tomatoes and 1 (4-6 oz) can of green chiles)
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large can (28 ounces) el pato enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken in a large glass baking dish. Pour olive oil over chicken then add tomatoes, green chiles, and onions on top.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Once cooked, turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- Let chicken cool slightly until you can touch it and then shred it.
- While your chicken is baking, place a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, then add the minced garlic, jalapeño, and yellow onion to the saucepan. Sprinkle with cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper and sauté until onions become translucent.
- Once onions have cooked, add the enchilada sauce and let simmer on low for about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the chicken is shredded, add the enchilada sauce mixture to the shredded chicken in the baking dish
Recipe courtesy of PaleOMG