1-1/2 lbs butternut squash, peeled,
seeds removed, cubed into 1/2˝ pieces (about 4 cups)
2 Tbs coconut oil
1 Tbs fresh thyme leaves
1 Tbs Garlic
Sea Salt and PepperInstructions
1) Heat large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
Add coconut oil when pan is hot.
2) When coconut oil has melted, add squash, thyme, and garlic, and stir to coat completely with oil.
3) Spread squash in an even layer in pan and allow to cook without stirring until lightly browned (about 3-5 minutes). Stir, and evenly spread out again,
allowing to cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
4) After browning, stir squash, reduce heat to medium, cover pan, and continue to cook until squash is tender (about 10-15 minutes more).
5) Season with sea salt and black pepper (optional) and serve warm.
Approximate cooking time: 40 minutes.
Fat, total (gm) 6,
Cholesterol (mg) 15,
Sat. fat (gm) 4,
Carbohydrate (gm) 22,
Monosaturated fat (gm) 2,
Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 4,
Sugars, total (gm) 4,
Protein (gm) 2,
Vitamin A (IU) 199,
Vitamin C (mg) 40,
Thiamin (mg) 0,
Riboflavin (mg) 0,
Niacin (mg) 2,
Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
Folate (µg) 52,
Sodium (mg) 249,
Potassium (mg) 674,
Calcium (mg) 91,
Iron (mg) 1,
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet