Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Garlic Dill Sweet Potato Wedges
- 3 sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup duck fat, melted (or other oil such as olive oil, coconut oil, etc.)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, the cut each half into 4-5 wedges.
- Place wedges in a bowl, cover with water and add ice, about 2 cups worth. Let wedges sit in ice for 30 minutes.
- Preheat over to 450 degrees.
- Remove wedges from water and pat dry.
- Place wedges back into a large, dry bowl. Add melted fat, garlic powder, salt, and paprika. Toss wedges to coat.
- Place wedges on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet to help cook on both sides (if you don’t have a cooling rack, just cook on parchment paper lined baking sheet and flip half way through cooking).
- Bake wedges for 30-35 minutes until cooked through and browned.
- After cooked, let cool for 5 minutes then toss wedges in the bowl with fresh dill. I used the same bowl that I had first tossed the wedges in with oil, the oil helps coat the wedges a little more and keep the dill sticking to the wedges.
- NOW EAT THEM. Duh. They are delicious.
Recipe Courtesy of paleomg.com