Angie’s Recipe of the Day: July 4th Chocolate Covered Strawberry Popsicles
Serves: 6 popsicles
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup maple sugar
- juice of ½ lemon
- zest of ½ lemon
- 16 ounces frozen strawberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Place water, maple sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until sugar dissolves and creates a simple syrup. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, place simple syrup in a blendtec along with half of the strawberries. Blend until completely combine, then add the rest of the strawberries and blend once more until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds* and freeze for at least 3-4 hours, if not longer (I froze mine overnight)
- Once popsicles are hard, melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave. Dip the end of each popsicle into melted chocolate and set on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and set back into the freezer for 10 minutes to harden chocolate.
- Then eat up!!
*If you don’t have popsicle molds, add mixture to a dixie cup and place a craft stick in the middle. Boom. Crafty.
Recipe courtesy of paleomg.com