Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Lime Cilantro Pork Tacos
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1/4″ – 1/2″ strips
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 3 Tbs cilantro, chopped
- 8 butter lettuce leaves (about 1 large head)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Wash and chop onion, jalapeno, cilantro and tomatoes.
- Season both sides of pork with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add coconut oil to pan.
- Sauté pork until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Remove pork from pan and place in a bowl.
- Add onion and jalapeno to hot pan, and sauté until tender.
- Add broth and tomatoes, and reduce heat to low. Simmer two more minutes, scraping pan sides and bottom to loosen any browned bits.
- Return pork and juices to pan. Stir in lime juice and simmer until pork is fully cooked.
- Top with fresh cilantro and avocado, and wrap with butter lettuce leaves to serve.