Angie’s Recipe of the Day : Macadamia Crusted Halibut with Spicy Mango Salsa
- 3/4 cup Macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or Tony Chachere’s)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb fresh halibut fillets
- zest of 1/2 orange
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Toast Macadamia nuts in a small skillet over medium-low heat until slightly golden. NOTE: stir constantly, as they will burn quickly if unattended. Set aside and allow nuts to cool completely before chopping. Chop when cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease a shallow baking dish with coconut or olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg with almond or coconut milk and set aside.
- Add parsley, sea salt, pepper,cayenne (cajun seasoning) and orange zest to a shallow bowl with the nuts.
- Dip each halibut fillet in egg mixture, and coat on both sides, then press halibut in nut mixture. Be sure each fillet is fully coated.
- Place fillets in the shallow baking pan, and bake for 15 minutes (or until fish flakes apart with a fork).
- Serve with Mango Salsa.
- 1/3 cup each: pineapple, mango, and papaya, medium dice
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
In a medium mixing bowl, add the pineapple, mango, papaya, jalapeno, lime juice, and red onion. Toss gently and season with salt and pepper.
Serving Size: 1 (539 g)Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving% Daily Value
Calories 329.0 Calories from Fat 54
Total Fat 6.3 g
Saturated Fat 6.5 g 17%
Cholesterol 162.9 mg54%
Sodium 13.1 mg
Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g 23%
Sugars 3.1 g 4%
Protein 63.9 g 127%