Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Pad Thai Salad
SERVES: 1 PREP: 10 min. COOK: 5 min.
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded; (optional)
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded;
- 2 cup of mixed greens;
- ½ bell pepper, sliced;
- ½ cup bean sprouts;
- ¼ cup chopped nuts; (of your choice)
- 2 green onions, chopped;
- 2 small chili peppers, diced; (optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten;
- Cooking fat;
Ingredients for the dressing
- Juice of ½ a lime;
- 1 clove garlic, minced;
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tbsp. almond butter;
- 2-3 tbsp coconut or almond milk;
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing, mix well, and season to taste.
- Melt some cooking fat in a small skillet placed over a medium heat and cook the egg 3 to 4 minutes while scrambling it.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the salad, and add the chicken on top.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
Recipe courtesy of paleoleap.com