Angie’s Recipe of the day: Paleo Bacon Chive Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 1 large sweet potato or yam (equivalent to 2 cups mashed)
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 6-8 strips of bacon, diced
- leftover rendered fat from bacon or (¼ cup of coconut oil, melted)
- 3-4 tablespoons chives, thinly diced
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- Pork holes in your sweet potato with a fork.
- Place in oven and bake for 30-40 or until soft.
- Once the sweet potato is done baking, turn oven down to 375 degrees.
- When you sweet potato is almost done cooking, place your diced bacon into a skillet and brown until crispy. Then place your cooked, crispy bacon on a plate covered with a paper towel to soak up the excess fat. The fat that is left behind in the pan, you will use in your biscuits.
- When your sweet potato is done, peel and place in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Then add in your eggs and mix well with your sweet potato. Then add your in your bacon fat and mix well.
- Then your dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Finally add your diced cooked bacon and chives. Mix thoroughly
10. Now line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a large spoon to drop your biscuits on the sheet, shaping them as needed. Try to make them all equal in size so they cook the same.
11. Place in oven and bake for 22-27 minutes.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Recipe courtesy of PALEOMG