Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Paleo BLT Breakfast
- 6 bacon slices, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or use 1 medium tomato, chopped)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 Tbs slivered almonds
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until fully cooked (about 15 minutes). Remove 1 Tbs of bacon drippings and set aside.
- Add baby spinach and tomatoes to the bacon and remaining drippings, and toss until spinach is wilted and tomatoes are warmed (a few minutes). Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add reserved bacon drippings when pan is hot. Fry eggs in bacon drippings.
- To serve, place the eggs on top of the bacon, spinach and tomatoes, and top with avocado and slivered almonds.
recipe courtesy of PaleoPlan