Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Paleo Breakfast Hash
- 4 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, shredded
- 5-6 baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 chicken italian sausage links (I bought the already cooked kind), diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- hot sauce, to garnish
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add diced bacon to the pan and cook until the fat seeps out and the bacon begins to brown.
- Once bacon is half way cooked, add the diced poblano pepper, yellow onion, and sweet potato. Mix together then cover to help steam the sweet potato and cook it quicker.
- After about 6-8 minutes of cooking, add in the mushrooms and chicken sausage along with the garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper. Mix well, cover again and let cook for about 7-9 minutes, being sure to mix around to keep from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once everything is nice and toasty, use a spoon to press four spots into your hash mixture, crack an egg into each spot, then add about a tablespoon of water to the pan and cover to help steam the eggs.
- Let steam until eggs are cooked to preference.