Angie’s Recipe of the day: Paleo Coconut Cream Pie Truffles
- pitted dates – 10
- water – 1 Tbsp
- shredded unsweetened coconut – 1 cup
- raw almonds – 1/2 cup
- roasted cashews – 1/2 cup
- coconut oil – 1 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Place pitted dates and 1 Tbsp water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a plate and microwave for 45 seconds. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until the mixture begins to stick together but still has small chunks of nuts and coconut. You may need to pulse the mixture several times to ensure you get it to the right consistency.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out mixture, press together, and roll tightly in the palm of your hands to form a one-inch ball. Repeat to form 16 truffles. Refrigerate until set.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings
- Allergens: Nuts
Recipe courtesy of Paleo Table