Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Picadillo Tacos
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ white onion, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ⅔ cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup green olives, halved
- ⅓ cup raisins (optional*)
- 6 Must B Nutty tortillas
- roughly chopped cilantro, to garnish
- lime wedges, to garnish
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, add ground beef to brown and break into pieces.
- Once almost cooked through, add onion, bell pepper, oregano, cumin, bay leaf and salt and pepper. Mix well to combine and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Then add tomato sauce, tomato paste, broth, vinegar, olives and raisins (if you are using raisins), mix well then cover and cook for 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- To soften must b nutty tortillas, place on hot skillet or on gas range to brown on both sides. Remove bay leaf, then add picadillo to tortillas, squeeze fresh lime juice on top and garnish with fresh cilantro.
*I left them out because the man in the house isn’t a fan of raisins. But it adds a nice sweet element paired with the salty olives so I would recommend it!
Recipe courtesy of paleomg.com