Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Potato & Egg Salad
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and diced
- ¼ white onion, finely chopped
For the mayo
- ⅔ cup avocado oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat diced sweet potatoes in coconut oil, place on baking sheet and bake for 15-25 minutes until soft. Let cool.
- Place eggs in a saucepan filled with water, let boil for 12-15 minutes. Let cool, then peel and dice.
- Place all mayo ingredients in a tall container, put immersion blender to the bottom of the container and turn on. Keep immersion blender on until the oil turns to a white color and into mayo. Should take just a little over 30 seconds, if that!
- Mix cooled sweet potatoes, eggs, onion and may in a bowl. Sprinkle with a little more salt!
Recipe courtesy of PaleOMG