Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Primal Cauliflower Casserole
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 4-5 pieces of bacon
- 6 green onions
- 1- 1½ sticks of pastured butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 6 oz of chèvre (goat cheese)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut up cauliflower. Put in large stock pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil on high heat. Continue boiling until cauliflower is very soft when stuck with a fork. Drain in colander.
- While cauliflower is cooking, bake bacon in oven on 400 for 15 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towel and then crumble.
- Chop up green onions. Melt butter in stock pot on low heat. Add green onions and sauté until soft. Turn off heat.
- Return cauliflower to the pot and add heavy cream. Mash with a potato masher.
- Add chèvre, crumbled bacon, sea salt and pepper to taste. Blend well.
- Put in baking dish prepared with coconut oil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of PaleOMG