Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Protein Banana Bread Bars
Serves: 9 squares
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, whisked
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup Forumlx Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- ¼ cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- Mix all ingredients together, except for cacao nibs and sliced almonds. Fold in cacao nibs then pour batter into baking dish. Sprinkle sliced almond on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-28 minutes, until middle is set.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe courtesy of paleomg.com