Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Pumpkin Coffee Cake
For the bread
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee or coconut oil, for greasing pan
- 1 cup almond butter (or other nut butter or seed butter)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 banana, mashed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the toppings
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) grass fed butter, at room temperature (or coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 bread pan and cut a piece of parchment paper to fit inside the pan (for easy clean up and to help remove the bread from pan).
- Place almond butter, pumpkin, banana, eggs, honey, pumpkin pie spice, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a food processor and puree until smooth. Wipe down sides of food processor if needed and puree once more.
- Pour mixture into bread pan and smooth out.
- In a small bowl, add butter, coconut sugar, almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, and walnuts. Use your hands to mix the toppings together until combined.
- Place chunks of the toppings all around the top of the pumpkin bread mixture.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour.
- Mix together coconut milk, coconut sugar, and maple syrup. I heated mine up in the microwave but feel free to heat over a stove top.
- Pour glaze over cooled pumpkin bread!
Recipe courtesy of paleomg.com