Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Salmon with Winter Slaw
- 2 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary minced
- 3 cups of thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1 pound salmon fillet deboned.
- 2 tablespoons chopped and tosted pecans
Heat 2 teaspoons coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion and rosemary. Saute for about 6 mintes or until slightly browned.
Add cabbage and cook for about 10 minutes or until soft.
Stir in vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper
Remove from heat and cover
Heat another pan medium heat
coat top of salmon with remaining oil cook side side down for 6 minutes flip and cook for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and let salmon cool slightly
Remove Skin and slice into 4 pieces.
Serve slaw topped with pecans and salmon.