Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Shrimp with Sweet Potatoes and Bacon
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat
- While the skillet is warming up, place your mashed sweet potatoes in a stand mixer or large mixing bowl
- Add your coconut milk and honey or maple syrup and mix well until you have a whipped sweet potato with no clumps
- Sprinkle with some cinnamon to taste and mix well
- Once your skillet is preheated, add your coconut oil or butter to the pan
- Liberally season your shrimp with salt and pepper and place in the pan
- Saute for 5-7 minutes occasionally stirring and ensuring you flip the shrimp over to cook on both sides. You want your shrimp to cook until just slightly pink.
- Now it’s time to plate. Place a large spoonful of sweet potato on a plate, top with a shrimp and sprinkle with bacon.
- You can plate these all individually or serve in a large dish all at once.