Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Simple Asian Beef Stir-Fry
SERVES: 4 PREP: 15 min. COOK: 20 min.
- 1 1/2 lb. steak, thinly sliced;
- 10 oz. snow peas or sliced asparagus;
- 10 oz. mushrooms, thinly sliced;
- 1/3 cup. coconut aminos;
- 2 tbsp. honey;
- 6 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger;
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar;
- 1 hot pepper, sliced; (optional)
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a bowl, combine the coconut aminos, honey, garlic, ginger, and vinegar.
- Fill a saucepan with enough water to cover the snow peas. Bring the water to a boil, add the peas, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove the snow peas from the hot water and set them aside.
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet placed over a high heat.
- Brown the mushrooms on each side (1-2 minutes per side) and remove from the pan, but leave the pan on the stove.
- In the same skillet, now over high heat, brown the meat on each side until cooked through.
- Lower the heat to medium, add the hot pepper, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add back the snow peas, mushrooms, and sauce from Step 1.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of paleoleap.com