Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Smoky & Spicy Candied Bacon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup maple or coconut sugar (I used a mixture of both)
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- ¾ pound thick cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the maple syrup, maple sugar, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Mix well. Then add the bacon to the bowl and toss to coat on all sides.
- Place the bacon in a single layer onto the wire rack on top of foil line baking sheet (feel free to press any remaining leftover sugar onto the bacon). Bake in oven for about 25-35 minutes. Make sure the bacon is almost crispy (it will harden up outside the oven as well)
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes on the rack.
- Once cool enough to handle, serve at room temperature!
Recipe courtesy of paleomg.com