Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Soft & Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter (or nut butter such as almond butter)
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour (or arrowroot starch)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- extra molasses, to garnish cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sunflower seed butter, and molasses.
- In a medium bowl, mix together coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt.
- Pour half of the dry mixture into the wet mixture, mix well, then add the rest and mix until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat sheet. Use a cookie scoop or spoon to scoop tablespoon sized cookie dough drops on the baking sheet. This should make 18 cookies so you may need to use 2 baking sheets.
- Baking for 10 minutes, until cookies are firm on the top. Do not overcook, you want them to stay chewy.
Yields 18 cookies
Recipe Courtesy of paleomg.com