Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Southwest Meatballs with Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce
For the meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey (or chicken, beef, etc.)
- ¼ small red onion, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ jalapeño, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the sauce
- 1 avocado
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ jalapeño, minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup 30 second mayo
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish with some oil (olive, coconut, etc.)
- Place all ingredients for the meatballs into a bowl and use your hands to mix the mixture together.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out each meatballs and form into balls. This should make about 18 small meatballs.
- Place each meatball into the greased baking dish, side by side. It’s ok if they are touching.
- Put in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the meatballs cook, create the dipping sauce by placing everything for the sauce, except for the mayo, into a food processor. Puree until smooth. Once smooth, add the mayo and puree once more until well combined.
- Dip meatballs into the sauce. Yay meatballs!
Recipe Courtesy of paleomg.com