Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Summer Breakfast Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground beef
- 10-12 ounces bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat (or other fat)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 4 ounces of button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fat along with 2 garlic cloves and diced onion.
- Once the onions begins to become translucent, add diced zucchini and cover to help steam the zucchini.
- After about 3-4 minutes, add the mushrooms on top and cover again for about 4-5 more minutes.
- Once vegetables have softened, add in parsley, basil, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Mix well then remove from heat to cool.
- Once vegetables are cool, add ground beef, breakfast sausage, and cooled vegetables to a large bowl and get dirty with your hands. Mix well to combine, trying not to squish the zucchini too much.
- Line a large bread pan with foil or parchment paper and place the meat mixture into the dish. Press firmly to make sure it all sticks together and to keep it from falling apart.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until meat presses back at you when you poke it.
- Let sit for 10 minutes after baking.
- Eat with some avocado on top. And fruit on the side.
Recipe courtesy of PaleOMG