Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Sweet Potato Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 small sweet potato or yam (I used a sweet potato since they are white and would look more like a regular cookie)*
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop (35 grams) Vanilla Protein Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Poke holes in a sweet potato with a knife then place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until sweet potato is completely soft. Then let cool. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Peel sweet potato away from skin and place in a medium bowl. Mash with a fork until soft.
- Add almond butter, egg, honey and vanilla and mix well. Then add protein powder, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop out batter and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. The batter should make 12-13 cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Do not overcook.
*If you use already pureed sweet potato or yam, the amount will be around 1 cup
Recipe Courtesy of paleomg.com