Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Thai Chicken and Mango Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons duck fat (or other kind of fat)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos (or gluten free soy sauce)
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1-2 cups mango, cubed
- 3-4 tablespoons green onions, diced
- cilantro, to garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lime juice, to garnish
- Add the florets of cauliflower to a food processor with the shredding attachment to rice the cauliflower.
- Place a large skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat and add duck fat and riced cauliflower to the pan
- Then add 2 tablespoons coconut aminos, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, and 1 teaspoon sriracha, along with a bit of salt. Mix to coat and let sit to let the cauliflower begin to brown.
- While the “rice” browns, place another skillet over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon sesame oil along with minced garlic and the cubed chicken. Pour 1 tablespoon coconut aminos and 1 teaspoon of fish sauce over the chicken.
- Once chicken has browned and almost cooked through, add mushrooms, bell pepper, jalapeno, ginger, mango, green onions and a bit of salt and pepper to the chicken and cover to let steam.
- Once mushrooms and peppers are soft, add chicken mixture to the cauliflower rice and mix well.
- Add a bit more salt and a dash of pepper.
- Top of roughly chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
Courtesy of paleomg.com