Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Thai Red Curry Sausage Stroganoff
1 TBS pastured butter, ghee, or bacon fat
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 package of spicy sausage or sugar free beef franks
3 TBS tomato paste
1 tsp thai red curry powder or paste
1 cup unsweetened original coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat the butter in a large skillet on medium high heat.
2. Add the onions, and cook until they are translucent.
3. Add the garlic and sausage. Turn down to medium heat and saute for 6-7 minutes, or until the
sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the tomato paste, red curry powder or paste, and the coconut milk.
5. Simmer until thickened.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste
Serve over Cauli Rice:
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- Steam the cauliflower florets for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Process into rice sized bits and pieces using the food processor. Don’t over-mix, or you will end up with mashed cauliflower.
Recipe by living nutrition at http://mylivingnutrition.com/2013/02/15/thai-red-curry-sausage-stroganoff/