Angie’s Recipe of the Day:Bacon Wrapped Smoked Salmon Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- 5 strips of bacon, cut in half lengthwise and widthwise
- 10 sweet peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- 3-5 ounces of smoked salmon
- pinch of salt
- sprinkle of smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bacon in half lengthwise and widthwise so you have 4 strips of bacon per 1 piece.
- Cut sweet peppers in half, pull out the excess seeds.
- How much salmon you use will be based on how big or small the peppers are. Take a small pieces of smoked salmon, roll in up, push it into the sweet pepper, then wrap a small piece of bacon around the sweet pepper. Try to tuck the sides of the bacon under the sweet pepper to keep it in place as you bake it.
- Place all bacon wrapped peppers on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Put in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until bacon is crispy, but not burnt.
- Let cool slighty because they will be HOT.
- Eat up!
Makes 20 bacon wrapped sweet peppers
Recipe courtesy of PaleOMG