Angie’s Recipe of the Day:Biscuits and Gravy
- 6 Shrimp and Jalapeño Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 1 (14 ounce) can of coconut milk
- 1 pound Pork Breakfast Sausage
- 3 teaspoons Coconut Flour (or arrowroot powder)
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- ⅛ teaspoon smoke paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Make your biscuits!!
- While biscuits are cooling, add the breakfast sausage to the pan and cook until you no longer see any pink, breaking up the sausage as it cooks.
- Once meat is cooked through, remove with slotted spoon and place in a bowl.
- Leave the rendered fat in the pan and add your coconut flour to the hot pan teaspoon by teaspoon while constantly whisking.
- Once you get a thickened mixture, add coconut milk to the pan, whisk then add the parsley, garlic powder, sage, smoked paprika and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- When the flavors meld, add breakfast sausage back in. Taste and salt and pepper as needed.
- Pour on top of biscuits. Or eat with a spoon. Or drink. Whatever you need.
Recipe courtesy of PaleOMG